VVOB-education for development in Rwanda is recruiting
VVOB-education for development is a Belgian non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education.
In cooperation with Rwanda Education Board (REB), the University of Rwanda – College of Education (URCE), VVOB started in 2017 with a multi-year programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together - (LT)2 (2017-2021). The cooperation programme aims to improve the quality of education through improvement of the professional development of school leaders and induction of new teachers.
VVOB is currently looking for an Education Advisor/Coordinator to strengthen our team. (S)he works in a team of Education Advisors and reports directly to the Education Manager.
The Education Advisor/Coordinator is an education expert on Teacher Professional Development and Teacher Support and/or School Leadership, who coordinates the development, implementation and evaluation of activities for the 2017-2021 MINEDUC-UR-VVOB programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (LT²), in close collaboration with REB and URCE.
As an Education expert and Advisor, the Education Advisor/Coordinator:
- Provides technical advice, guidance and support on School Leadership and Teacher Professional Development for strategic planning and for managing and monitoring the programme, consistent with the specific objective, including exit strategies;
- Provides technical advice, guidance and support for developing, implementing and supporting effective and relevant contextualized School Leadership and Teacher Professional Development systems and practices directed at professionalizing teachers, tailored to the organizational characteristics of REB and URCE;
- Takes up a variety of roles in the capacity development process of the partners according to the needs of the partner and particular situations and phases of the programme;
- Keeps abreast with policy trends, new developments and latest research and thinking in education and international development by external and internal networking and shares new insights with partners and VVOB colleagues.
As a Quality Caretaker, the Education Advisor/Coordinator:
- Guarantees the coherence with VVOB’s definition of quality education and VVOB’s education portfolio, including gender equity;
- Ensures compliance with VVOB’s financial policies and guidelines including adherence with accounting principles and requirements and efficient and responsible use of resources;
- Takes up an active role in monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the programme, including gender equity, in close collaboration with the partner;
- Contributes to internal and external knowledge development by systemizing lessons learned and sharing pro-actively lessons learned between partners, colleagues and other VVOB country teams; and
- Ensures high quality standards in terms of partnership, relevance, efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of the programme.
As a Coordinator for a result area, (s)he is responsible for:
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating strategies and activities for a result area;
- Ensuring effective and efficient use of resources for a result area;
- Ensuring alignment and coherence with other result areas and the broader programmes;
- Compiling intermediate and annual reports for a result area;
- Being the contact person for VVOB partners and colleagues with regard to a result area;
- Proactively setting up meetings with partners and colleagues to discuss programmatic issues linked to the specific result area.
The Education Advisor/Coordinator performs any other duties assigned by the Programme Manager, in line with the position holder’s capacities.
Knowledge and experience:
- Master’s degree in human sciences, management, education or equivalent through experience;
In depth understanding of:
- The Rwandan education system and recent evolutions related to educational leadership, competence-based education, or induction of newly qualified teachers;
- Working experience with the Rwandan Education Sector, preferably with MINEDUC-REB and/or URCE;
- Knowledge of change management, organizational and institutional capacity development, knowledge management and coaching;
- Experience in programme and/or project management (strategy, planning and coordination, HR, administrative decisions, M&E)
- Knowledge of and/or experience with equity and gender in education;
- Experience with working in a multicultural team;
- Experience with or knowledge of advocacy and communication strategies;
- Experience with and knowledge of conducting research is an asset;
- Able and willing to travel in - country and abroad for short periods of time; and
- Able to work under pressure and keep a good sense of humour.
- VVOB core competences:
- Result orientation
- Continuous improvement
- Function specific competences
- Analytical and synthesizing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 360° Empathy
- Development oriented
Contract type: Local, full time
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing and editing skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda (additional asset)
- Fluent in French (additional asset)
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Start date: As soon as possible.
- A dynamic working environment in an international context;
- An exciting job with varied responsibilities;
- Professional development opportunities;
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply:
Electronic application Only. Please submit a motivation letter and a current CV addressed to VVOB Programme Manager at email@example.com. Not later than Monday, November 25, 2019 at 5PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kigali, November 12, 2019