Current Job Opportunities:
The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) in Rwanda is recruiting
The Administration, Logistics and Training Officer
in the programme
“Umusemburo w'Ireme ry'Uburezi – Leading, Teaching and Learning Together” (2017-2021)
VVOB, The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a Belgian non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education.
In cooperation with Rwanda Education Board (REB), affiliated Teacher Training Colleges (TTC), and the University of Rwanda – College of Education (URCE), VVOB started in 2017 with a multi-year programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (2017-2021). The cooperation programme aims to improve the quality of primary education through improvement of the professional development of school leaders and induction of new qualified teachers.
Since 2018, VVOB expands this programme in Secondary Education and explores other opportunities for strengthening their support to the Rwandan Government.
The Administration, Logistics and Training Officer reports to the Operations and Finance Manager. (S)he is part of the Finance, Administration and Logistics Team and works in close collaboration and supports training activities coordinated by all Education Advisors, as well as with both Finance and Administration Officers and both Office Assistants, in the framework of VVOBs programmes on “Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (2017-2021)”.
Purpose of the function
The Administration, Logistics and Training Officer holds delegated responsibility on all matters related to finance, administration and logistics for the 2017-2021 MINEDUC-UR-VVOB Programme. (S)he is proactive and takes initiatives whenever necessary to provide quality financial, administrative and logistical support to the VVOB Programme and Team.
As such, the Administration, Logistics and Training Officer:
- Provides administrative and logistical support to the VVOB programme and team members;
- Develops administrative and logistical capacity of partners.
To achieve this, the Administration, Logistics and Training Officer acts as an expert and quality caretaker, a manager/organizer, and as a coach.
As an expert and quality caretaker, the Administration and Logistics Training Officer is responsible for provision of administrative and logistical support to the VVOB programme and team members. Tasks include:
- Preparing and follow up on activity logistics, such as arranging meeting venues and training materials, sending invitation letters for activities, transport and accommodation arrangements… and communicating progress to relevant team members;
- Preparing budget and fund request for training activities together with the team and address them to Operations and Finance Manager;
- Executing payments to training participants
- Financially accounting for documentation, preparing and filing documentation for accounting purpose;
- Supporting in the development of administrative and logistical capacity of partners.
The Administration, Logistics and Training Officer performs any other duty assigned by supervisors in line with the position holder’s capacities.
As a quality caretaker, (s)he complies with VVOBs internal financial guidelines and protects the interests of the organization at all times, particularly ensuring value for money.
As a manager/organizer, (s)he leads by example, is proactive and takes initiatives whenever necessary to provide quality Administrative and Logistical support to the VVOB programme and –team.
As a coach, (s)he provokes and supports learning, in the functional team (Finance, Administration & Logistics), and also across functional teams.
Knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree related to office administration or equivalent through experience;
- At least one year of relevant work experience in similar position;
- Basic knowledge of accounting and procurement;
- Experience in development sector or nonprofit sector is an asset;
- Experience with working in a multicultural team is an asset;
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work;
- Computer literacy;
- Able to work under pressure and keep a good sense of humour.
- Good written and oral command of English and Kinyarwanda, French knowledge will be and additional asset.
- VVOB core competences:
- Result orientation
- Continuous improvement
- Function specific competences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Development oriented
How to apply:
Electronic applications will be only considered. Submit a motivation letter and your C.V. addressed to the Program Manager at Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 2nd of November 2018 at 5PM.
For more info you can contact Recruitment.email@example.com